Wednesday 4 May 2016

getting into practice

Still getting over my illness, feeling very weak I decided I want to work on my
propaganda exercise alone, so that I can work independently without any commitment
towards the group. I choose light and rather comic subject for my propaganda –
chocolate. In my film I wanted to make a point that eating chocolate is healthy. I
research all the clips that say chocolate is healthy. Most of them refer to the dark
chocolate so I cut out this adjective.
I have used add edit button a lot for the first time. I also worked with Lynda using
tutorials for creating the titles. I wanted to add subtitles and national Health trust
recommendation for more serious outcome. During this exercise I decided I want to
learn finding my own answers rather then asking staff and colleagues for help. I end
up with very dynamic, loud and colourful piece of work. It still was more of an advert
than propaganda film, however I have been advised by tutor in the feedback session
that I could add statement of the health expert or doctor. It was a first time when I was
super proud of my work and also for the first time I took feedback more as an advice
rather then hurtful criticism.
Broadcasting today I want to say that editing Broadcasting Today was my break
through experience. I worked alone independently. I felt challenged and a little bit
stressed. I felt like I am working in professional environment. I also felt like that is
how my first day in a new workplace would look like. So I planned my workflow. I
start with estimating the time editing will take me. I have checked if I have all the
footage ready and I looked through it and I made editors notes for the first time. I
adjusted voice levels, I corrected the contrast and I got rid off awkward pauses and
stumble. I used Linda to answer my questions about : how to edit sound levels, how to
correct the contrast. I have also first time asked Gareth for the feedback rather than an
advice. I started to use cmd + Y and cmd + U short cuts
In between my days dedicated to editing Broadcasting Today I went to BE. But I did
not like it. – I felt like I don’t belong there, there were to many people and I felt lost. I

think it would be better if I went with someone else. I am sure next year will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment